Schedule & Pricing
Registration & Payment
What to Expect
Go to our page
Puentes Spanish Preschool
for 18mo-3yrs, 3-4yrs, 4-5yrs, & Kindergarten
SNOW and Weather Policy - Puentes Spanish Preschool observes the inclement weather policy of the Boise School District, so Puentes will only be closed for weather if the district announces a closure due to weather. boiseschools.org
Puentes Preschool is a Spanish immersion preschool that serves those in the Treasure Valley who wish their children to get the best of preschool learning plus a huge head start learning Spanish. It is entirely feasible for a child to become fluent in Spanish through participation in our preschool. Becoming bilingual will have numerous lifetime benefits for your child including better performance in school and on standardized tests, improved logical thinking ability, better cultural awareness, more job opportunities, higher pay, and many more. Starting in preschool or earlier provides the easiest and fastest environment for children to learn a second language!
Our curriculum is based on the High/Scope educational approach and the Natural Approach theory for language acquisition.
Children will be immersed in Spanish while...
- Learning through direct, hands-on experiences with people, objects, events and ideas through a variety of diverse materials and interactions.
- Making choices about and planning their daily activities, carrying them out, and sharing their experiences with other children and teachers.
- Gaining knowledge and skills in language, literacy, and communication, social and emotional development, mathematics, science, nature, and technology, dramatic art, visual art, music and movement.
- Becoming more independent and primary school ready.
- Doing organic gardening and nature activities.
What does Puentes mean by "Spanish immersion"? Our approach to
Spanish immersion means that our teachers and staff interact with each other
and the students entirely in Spanish (except in cases of safety, where the childs native
language is used).
Kinder Spanish Program is a fun Spanish immersion program
for children who are in half-day kindergarten and want to learn Spanish
for the other half of the day.
This program has limited space, but openings are offered for
1, 2, 3, 4,
or 5 days
and afternoon slots are offered, but availability is subject to enrollment.
Call for details at 344-4270.